Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Transfers 2010
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
kurtsimonw
Why are people happy to get rid of Gattuso? Not 2 weeks ago he was the most amazing DM ever to grace the sport.
Tennie
Well, they spent 1.5 million (I think?) buying Albertazzi from Bologna and spent a good bit (though not that much) bringing in Zigoni this window. They still qualify as youth players and it would seem that a lightbulb has finally gone off in someone's peasized brain that paying more attention to the youth teams is a Good Thing.

Albertazzi is really getting a lot of buzz in italy with the U20s and Zigoni is turning into a monster scorer for the primavera. Maurizio Ganz's son is going on a goalscoring frenzy for his youth team too (which is 2 years younger than the primavera).
Boban10
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 29 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Why are people happy to get rid of Gattuso? Not 2 weeks ago he was the most amazing DM ever to grace the sport.

Rino is a good player, but i do feel he is turning into a parody of himself, always having to argue with officials, trying to intimidate the opposition which does not work anymore, they all just smile at him, he needs to do his talking with his ball winning and passing to someone who can create for us and punish the opposition that way rather than storming around the pitch with the red mist over his eyes.

kurtsimonw
I wish he would storm out of Milan personally. Forever.
il_diavolo_mtl
AMbro and rino should both go, give the C to nesta/pirlo
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 29 2009, 02:16 PM) *
It's because that's what he's basically worth, a few good games in an utterly crap Milan side notwithstanding. Storari is an average GK who's currently up there with Kalac's 15 minutes of fame in the latter half of the 07-08 season, so I'm not getting all wet with excitement over his performance yet. When he wins us a CL virtually by himself and is named the league's top keeper, as Dida has, then he's worth the big bucks. That won't be happening anytime soon, though.

Milan had better keep in mind that Kalac got a contract extension after '08 and then proceeded to piss away the starting job faster than it takes you or I to pass wind.

I don't care that you hate Dida as much as I love him, but you gotta start seeing the forest for the trees sometime.

oh my gosh, were really gonna do this.

HE EARNS 4 MILLION a year for 2-3 months of play at max! He's living like a god at milan!

Our financial situation is in turmoil and the first thing we can do to better our situation is to sell players and reduce heavy contracts. Dida is a good example of excess waste. Doesn't do jack s***, yet he is one of the top paid players in the club.

Thats like If I worked at a company and worked 2 hours a day but still made 100k a year in comparison to someone who works 8 hours a day but makes 60k a year.

How is that okay?

How can you even defend him? Are you really that delusional to our situation?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 29 2009, 10:25 PM) *
oh my gosh, were really gonna do this.

HE EARNS 4 MILLION a year for 2-3 months of play at max! He's living like a god at milan!

Our financial situation is in turmoil and the first thing we can do to better our situation is to sell players and reduce heavy contracts. Dida is a good example of excess waste. Doesn't do jack s***, yet he is one of the top paid players in the club.

Thats like If I worked at a company and worked 2 hours a day but still made 100k a year in comparison to someone who works 8 hours a day but makes 60k a year.

How is that okay?

How can you even defend him? Are you really that delusional to our situation?

i'm all for cutting him lose but only if we do show and honor his achievements with the club
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 29 2009, 08:45 PM) *
i'm all for cutting him lose but only if we do show and honor his achievements with the club

sure sure, we'll give him a celebration and call him a legend of the club etc. But we have to realise that the condition of the club has to come first before all other aspects. Family was always a bonus and made us stand apart from all other clubs WHEN we also had the results in the bag. When our team was good and had the family rapport, well milan was just the place to be at.

Now whats the point of having all this family stuff if were in 11th place? Milan is hardly the place to be at these days.
Jack Sparrow
Bah...Dida's gonna be released, it's obvious. I don't think he's gonna renew. If he does, it shall be for substantially lower wages. So I don't see the point on harping on about Dida whatever we can accuse him off.

We could talk about Kaladze, Oddo etc.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 29 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Bah...Dida's gonna be released, it's obvious. I don't think he's gonna renew. If he does, it shall be for substantially lower wages. So I don't see the point on harping on about Dida whatever we can accuse him off.

We could talk about Kaladze, Oddo etc.

yeah were lucky his contract runs out this year. While oddo and kaladze will leech us until june 2011 dry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 29 2009, 04:52 PM) *

he was unreal, but now hes getting old. He's 31/32 years old and cannot play every game, its clear.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Capt. Jack)
Bah...Dida's gonna be released, it's obvious. I don't think he's gonna renew.

That much is a given. I'd read somewhere online after he signed the extension that it was supposedly to be his last contract with the club. In a perfect world, he'd retire after the season and stay with the club in some capacity.

QUOTE (Boban10 @ Sep 29 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Rino is a good player, but i do feel he is turning into a parody of himself, always having to argue with officials, trying to intimidate the opposition which does not work anymore, they all just smile at him, he needs to do his talking with his ball winning and passing to someone who can create for us and punish the opposition that way rather than storming around the pitch with the red mist over his eyes.

Agreed. Probably the most sensible post on the matter I've read.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 30 2009, 11:09 AM) *
That much is a given. I'd read somewhere online after he signed the extension that it was supposedly to be his last contract with the club. In a perfect world, he'd retire after the season and stay with the club in some capacity.

I think he should. He's still young. I think Fiori is our goalkeeping coach right now, but I'm sure Dida would be good as well. Perhaps he can even put on his scouting boots and work for us.

I hope it's just the fans who treat him like trash(we're fans it's to be expected),and that the management and the team do value him as a comrade still. It would be just wrong otherwise.
ganney
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 06:20 AM) *
I think he should. He's still young. I think Fiori is our goalkeeping coach right now, but I'm sure Dida would be good as well. Perhaps he can even put on his scouting boots and work for us.

I hope it's just the fans who treat him like trash(we're fans it's to be expected),and that the management and the team do value him as a comrade still. It would be just wrong otherwise.

i actually don't blame him in this scenario, he's just a lucky guy getting paid..... ... .....
this thread is mostly in anger towards the management who had valued him wrongly& continue to do everything wrong(giving fat contracts to the wrong people&cancelling the wrong ones too, won't buy players)
dida gave his best over the years, he should have left sooner.... or be noble&take a pay cut like rino did.

miz also is over-doing it by calling storari only an average GK(we don't care if our GK is average or world class, we just want him to stop shots)
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 30 2009, 01:52 AM) *

Don't you just love it? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 30 2009, 07:39 AM) *
In a perfect world, he'd retire after the season and stay with the club in some capacity.

What could he do though, they guy just does not talk! Have you ever seen him talk? I've read an interview but that's not proof! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 08:20 AM) *

Galliani respects all of these players, none of them will be forgotten.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (ganney @ Sep 30 2009, 12:14 PM) *
i actually don't blame him in this scenario, he's just a lucky guy getting paid..... ... .....
this thread is mostly in anger towards the management who had valued him wrongly& continue to do everything wrong(giving fat contracts to the wrong people&cancelling the wrong ones too, won't buy players)
dida gave his best over the years, he should have left sooner.... or be noble&take a pay cut like rino did.

miz also is over-doing it by calling storari only an average GK(we don't care if our GK is average or world class, we just want him to stop shots)

Let's be fair. When he signed that contract extension we'd just won the CL I think. A bunch of oldies whom nobody really rated had banded together, beaten the best German team, the 'best team' in the world and the proceed to take revenge for Istanbul. It was magic. You'd be murdered to suggest at that time that none of them deserved contract extensions.

What you're suggesting is similar to what Wenger follows. All players above the age of 30 only get one-year contract extensions. The results are clear to see. I don't think Arsenal every really recovered from losing Pires, Vieira, Ljunberg and Campbell in such quick succession.

And no Rino offered to take the paycut. He didn't have to do it, and the board didn't make him follow through.
il_diavolo_mtl
Adriano Galliani: I Couldn’t Sell Milan Veterans
The chief executive has explained that the press would have slaughtered him for selling his aging stars in the wake of the 2007 Champions League success...

Milan’s sluggish start to the Serie A campaign has once again reopened the debate over the Diavoli’s ageing side, but vice president Adriano Galliani has moved to explain why the club's veterans haven't moved on.

While fellow Italian giants Juventus and Inter have undergone massive changes over the past six years, the press argue that Milan are still heavily relying on the bulk of the side who lifted the Champions League in 2003.

“If Milan still have so many players who were on the pitch in Manchester, there are two reasons,” Galliani told the Corriere dello Sport.

“First of all, these same players have allowed us to win another Champions League and reach another final, a semi-final and a quarter-final.

“Besides, if during these years, perhaps after the success in Athens in 2007, I had simply tried to sell the likes of [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Andrea] Pirlo and [Massimo] Ambrosini, the press would not have spared me critiques and accusations, let alone the reaction of our fans, which I can only imagine.”

Milan sit 11th in the Serie A standings after the first six games of the season. They are back in action on Wednesday, when they host Zurich in the Champions League.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
This helps complete what people are saying about our vets being held onto for too long
il_diavolo_mtl
Lazio Lead Chase For Real Madrid Outcast Rafael van der Vaart - Report
The Biancocelesti are looking to reinforce in the winter transfer window and they believe the Dutchman could be a perfect fit for their ailing side...

With Lazio currently struggling in Serie A and coach Davide Ballardini beginning to come under some pressure, president Claudio Lotito is already looking to the January transfer window.

According to a report in AS, Lotito has laid eyes on Real Madrid's Rafael van der Vaart, who is not wanted at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Compatriots Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben were both offloaded during the summer, and it is believed that the former Ajax star is next on the list.

AS claim that the 26-year-old is available for around €8 million. The Coppa Italia champions may try to lower the price, but there are also reportedly other teams who are interested in purchasing the Dutch international.

Van der Vaart joined Real Madrid in 2008 for a fee of €13m but has failed to secure a regular place in the side. In total, he has made 41 appearances for the club and scored five goals.

Anthony Wright, Goal.com

VDV for 8M is a joke pull the trigger Galliani
Jack Sparrow
F@ckin right.
il_diavolo_mtl
i still really want krasic sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 30 2009, 08:15 PM) *
i still really want krasic sad.gif

You still want him? You just said so 2 minutes before this post in the other thread, what could have possibly changed? biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 01:44 PM) *
You still want him? You just said so 2 minutes before this post in the other thread, what could have possibly changed? biggrin.gif

i realised i was off-topic and i didn't want another reason for you banning me tongue.gif
Bluesummers
well I don't think we'll sign him given that the wage might present a problem. VDV will ask for 4m a year minimum. Our management might be a little hesitant to sign him because we have so many other leechs like dida/kaladze/oddo who earn that much.

But regardless we should take the risk anyways. We need someone who can do something in midfield.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 02:34 PM) *
well I don't think we'll sign him given that the wage might present a problem. VDV will ask for 4m a year minimum. Our management might be a little hesitant to sign him because we have so many other leechs like dida/kaladze/oddo who earn that much.

But regardless we should take the risk anyways. We need someone who can do something in midfield.

I would MUCH rather give him 4M then most people making that now...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 30 2009, 07:04 PM) *
I would MUCH rather give him 4M then most people making that now...

yeah i agree. But we need to take out the trash first.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 10:34 PM) *
yeah i agree. But we need to take out the trash first.

not necasseraly, we have berlu to cover the difference until players are sold dry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 30 2009, 09:17 PM) *
not necasseraly, we have berlu to cover the difference until players are sold dry.gif

He won't. We have an owner who will not invest in the club and furthermore restricts us from taking out loans or selling players in order to creating money.

Were locked in a cage with no escape.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 11:21 PM) *
He won't. We have an owner who will not invest in the club and furthermore restricts us from taking out loans or selling players in order to creating money.

Were locked in a cage with no escape.

i just hope we get a good treqquie/fullback/midfielders
Panama Devil
We need to build a squad that looks something like this:

..................Huntelaar..........Pato

.... Ronaldhino .............................. Xxxxx

............... Flamini .................... Xxxxx

Xxxxx ............ Silva ............ Nesta ............ Abate

We desperately need to get (for the starting line up):

1. Young Right Full-Back (that runs and knows how to cross the ball)
2. Young Midfielder (that knows how to pass a ball and shoot it every now and then)
3. Young Attacking Midfielder (to help Ronaldhino)

We can keep on the bench (if they want to):

Bonera
Pirlo
Inzaghi
Gattuso
Zambrotta

And fill the bench with young replacements that can do the job (not OLD PLAYERS or AGING STARS)

AND..................

A NEW F$%&*ING COACH!!!!!!!!

THIS WOULD BE A 2 - 3 YEAR PLAN ONLY .... NOT A SQUAD FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS LIKE GALIANI AND BERLUSCONI THINK
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Panama Devil @ Sep 30 2009, 11:52 PM) *
We need to build a squad that looks something like this:

..................Huntelaar..........Pato

.... Ronaldhino .............................. Xxxxx

............... Flamini .................... Xxxxx

Xxxxx ............ Silva ............ Nesta ............ Abate

We desperately need to get (for the starting line up):

1. Young Right Full-Back (that runs and knows how to cross the ball)
2. Young Midfielder (that knows how to pass a ball and shoot it every now and then)
3. Young Attacking Midfielder (to help Ronaldhino)

We can keep on the bench (if they want to):

Bonera
Pirlo
Inzaghi
Gattuso
Zambrotta

And fill the bench with young replacements that can do the job (not OLD PLAYERS or AGING STARS)

AND..................

A NEW F$%&*ING COACH!!!!!!!!

THIS WOULD BE A 2 - 3 YEAR PLAN ONLY .... NOT A SQUAD FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS LIKE GALIANI AND BERLUSCONI THINK

LBs Adriano (sevilla), Drenthe (RMA), Marcel Jansen (Hambourg), CRISCITO!!!!(genoa), N'zogbia (wigan), Bochetti (genoa) SAKHO (PSG)
LDM Inler (udine), Palombo (sampdo), Feranado (porto), Biglia (anderlecht), Khedira (stutgart), Banega (valencia) Lajar (hertha)
RAM: CASSANO!!!(sampdoria), Luis Suarez (ajax), Consorla (villareal) Modric (tottenham), Hamsik (napoli) Ozil (werder)

Edit :1,000th post smile.gif diavolini wonders if he can finally post in the "news" section or if he needs to be a mod for such privileges
ganney
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 1 2009, 05:14 AM) *
LBs Adriano (sevilla), Drenthe (RMA), Marcel Jansen (Hambourg), CRISCITO!!!!(genoa), N'zogbia (wigan), Bochetti (genoa) SAKHO (PSG)
LDM Inler (udine), Palombo (sampdo), Feranado (porto), Biglia (anderlecht), Khedira (stutgart), Banega (valencia) Lajar (hertha)
RAM: CASSANO!!!(sampdoria), Luis Suarez (ajax), Consorla (villareal) Modric (tottenham), Hamsik (napoli) Ozil (werder)

Edit :1,000th post smile.gif diavolini wonders if he can finally post in the "news" section or if he needs to be a mod for such privileges

with only cassano, banega& criscito. we'll look altogether like a new team, i personally would love to sign banega, watched him at the last u20 world cup& stll continue to watch him at valencia.(pure mixture of energy and passing skills) valencia no longer rely on albelda&baraja.. everton almost got him in the summer& i know they'll make another move in the winter.
Dzeko
FERGUSON IMRESSED BY EDIN DZEKO

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he was impressed by Edin Dzeko after the Wolfsburg striker's goal scoring performance last night.

Dzeko struck in United's 2-1 win and Ferguson, having already admitted the Bosnian was on his summer radar, declared the striker capable of bigger things.

"I would say yes he can on that evidence, i think he is simular player like Ibrahimovic true star that can lead attack of any Team in the world," said Ferguson, when asked whether Dzeko could play at a higher level.

The player's own manager, Armin Veh, was hardly going to disagree.

"Edin scored a good goal," said Veh.

"But it wasn't just his goal. He caused problems for their defenders, mainly through excellent technique.

"When he plays like that he is bound to be of interest to other clubs."

Goal of Dzeko :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1Cp2BnN0Y
Protagonist
This is a player we have to get at all costs!
Zed.D
There goes our chances of signing Dzeko... dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Nah. If we want him we'll get him. Despite the recent turmoil I think this still holds good for Milan. If Milan really want a player and make sufficient promises he'll come.

We beat Juve for Flamini remember?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 1 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Nah. If we want him we'll get him. Despite the recent turmoil I think this still holds good for Milan. If Milan really want a player and make sufficient promises he'll come.

We beat Juve for Flamini remember?

I wouldn't compare Juve with Man U. can we really compete with EPL/La Liga sides? if Edin is the kind of player who cares about $$$ as much as he cares about joining a prestigious team, we stand no chance... hopefully his love for Milan is stronge enough for him to snub Man U's money and join us.
Jack Sparrow
I think it's not just the money. The way Milan is, he's almost guaranteed the kind of spotlight and importance that any young player wishing to leave his mark would get.

At Man U he'll be understudy to Berbatov, Rooney and probably even Owen. Assuming Man U are the competition.

I wouldn't put it past Bayern to lodge an offer. Probably they'll get rid of Toni , maybe even Klose and see Dzeko and Gomez up front.
dst
I think Milan will get him... unless a fancy Brazilian with $ signs in his eyes is tightly monitored by Barcelona... then The Senile One will go for him.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (ganney @ Oct 1 2009, 02:37 AM) *
with only cassano, banega& criscito. we'll look altogether like a new team, i personally would love to sign banega, watched him at the last u20 world cup& stll continue to watch him at valencia.(pure mixture of energy and passing skills) valencia no longer rely on albelda&baraja.. everton almost got him in the summer& i know they'll make another move in the winter.

I Agree, our lineup would look like

Huntelaar

........Pato

*Ronaldinho.......................................*Cassano
Flamini - Banega

Criscito - Nesta(Kjaer) - Thiago SIlva - Abate

* playing a free roaming role

And for GKs i'd like any of these guys
(all U-25) GK - Mandanda (OM), Adler (leverkusen (spl?)) Neuer (schalke), Felipe (corinthians), Consigli (Atalanta), Hart (Birmingham), Akinfeev (CSKA), Curci (siena), Ochoa(Club america), Ruffier (monaco) Romero (AZ) Handanovic (forza slovenia)(udine)
Tennie
Fishdoll doesn't want Ochoa to move because he likes Ochoa's tv adverts on the spanish language stations. smile.gif

Fishdoll's first picks would be between Adler, Akinfeev and Consigli.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 1 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Fishdoll doesn't want Ochoa to move because he likes Ochoa's tv adverts on the spanish language stations. smile.gif

Fishdoll's first picks would be between Adler, Akinfeev and Consigli.

Lol makes sense and plus he is a symbol of a player who's always wanted to stay in South america
+1 to patriotism

I really just typed the best young GKs i could think of...Viviano from bologna looks good too, but i doubt he is Milan caliber just yet...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 1 2009, 05:32 AM) *
There goes our chances of signing Dzeko... dry.gif

relax, you have to trust me on this, He's coming here 100%. The only club who has even a chance at having an impact to us is bayern and that is at most maybe 5%? I just hope wolf don't qualify so we get him Jan.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 1 2009, 10:48 AM) *
relax, you have to trust me on this, He's coming here 100%. The only club who has even a chance at having an impact to us is bayern and that is at most maybe 5%? I just hope wolf don't qualify so we get him Jan.

where would we put him, we got Klaas!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 1 2009, 09:07 AM) *
where would we put him, we got Klaas!

if basten comes, hunt will play forsure. So we could possible see dzeko/pato/hunt in a 3 line foreward. Seedorf will not play that much because basten doesn't like seedorf.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 1 2009, 11:12 AM) *
if basten comes, hunt will play forsure. So we could possible see dzeko/pato/hunt in a 3 line foreward. Seedorf will not play that much because basten doesn't like seedorf.

i'd love a 4-3-3

Hunter................Dzeko
*Pato

*Ronaldinho................*Cassano
Flamini

Criscito - Silva - Nesta - Abate

GK

or a 3-4-3 like Genoa is rocking

Hunter................Dzeko
*Pato

*Ronaldinho - *Cassano - [*Ozil/*Hamsik/*Modric/*L. Suarez]
Flamini

Kjaer - Nesta - T. Silva

Marchetti

*free roaming to create overloads/mismatches
mishie
To many new players..i see possibly 1 arriving in Janiary and that could be the return of albertino after we buy the other half of his co-ownership
dst
I hope you're wrong... in my view, a forward would add nothing to this team at this moment, we desperately need an attacking or a box-to-box midfielder.
Tennie
Fishdoll likes Parma's Galloppa. There's no way Ghirardi would let him go but he's the type of player Milan needs.
il_diavolo_mtl
Report: Real Madrid Full-Back Royston Drenthe Linked With Milan Move In January
The out-of-favour Dutchman could make his way to the San Siro in the winter as the solution to the Rossoneri's full-back problems...

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Milan have targeted Real Madrid full-back Royston Drenthe as an objective for the winter transfer window.

The Dutchman is by no means a regular fixture in the starting XI at the Santiago Bernabeu and could solve a particularly problematic area for the Rossoneri.

Coach Leonardo's full-backs have struggled to find consistency. On the right he has moved midfielder Ignazio Abate back into the position, but the left still remains a weakness due to the poor performances of Gianluca Zambrotta and Marek Jankulovski this season.

Los Blancos and the Rossoneri did business this past summer, as Kaka went to Spain and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar came to Italy.

Drenthe, who nearly completed a move to Fiorentina during the close-season, would likely be in favour of the move to the Serie A giants. He has made two appearances for the Spaniards this season, one in the Primera Division and one in the Champions League.

Adam Scime, Goal.com

Good god make it so... Drenthe& abate would make for a fine young fullback pairing
kurtsimonw
I must be the only one that isn't a fan of Drenthe, I really don't rate him. He can't defend at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.